I should say the hardest step in making this part was to press the start button (I’m a chicken).
This 1mm sheet was held to a mdf plate using Carnauba;
that seems to work nicely. Badly I made a mistake and the DOC was about 0.5mm (hence two runs where required), so I’m still not sure if 7 IMP is ok for 1mm DOC.
Things I learn:
- Finish was ok in round cuts, but not so good in slots. Next time I will separate roughing and finishing, so I can clean the chips before finishing passes. This is when hand coding gcodes pays.
- I need to buy Acetone to clean Carnauba.
- Regarding outside diameter, I find a max of 50.08 and a min of 49.90. May be this has to do with backlash (I have backlash compensation enabled btw).
- TODO: a tool height setter artifact.
- My cheap Canon photo camera sucks taking videos.
The next task will be to cut the definitive encoder wheel for the machine spindle.